Back from the Brink, Saving Victoria’s Threatened Orchids- Department of Sustainability & Environment in partnership with Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne; Australasian Native Orchid Society Victorian Group; Parks Victoria; Melbourne Zoo; University of Melbourne; Victoria University; RMIT University, VIC
The Victorian threatened orchid recovery project aimed to restore one of the world’s great temperate terrestrial orchid floras of which over one-half of the 380 are threatened. The project covered 80 species of highly threatened orchids, has protected over 150 populations of 50 threatened orchid species, and has saved four critically endangered orchids from extinction. The project is a partnership of the Department of Sustainability and Environment Victoria, Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, Australasian Native Orchid Society Victorian group, Parks Victoria, Melbourne Zoo, University of Melbourne, Victoria University and RMIT University, backed by a network of over 40 agencies and community groups across Victoria, interstate and overseas. “Saving Victoria’s Threatened Orchids” project is unique in Australia by virtue of the numbers of orchids under protection and organisations contributing to their conservation. The success to date provides a solid foundation to continue the work to achieve protection for all of Victoria’s wild orchids.
- Evaluation of Management Effectiveness in the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area - Parks & Wildlife Service Tasmania In Partnership with Resources Management & Conservation Division, Department Primary Industries Water & Environment, TAS
- Greening Western Sydney Project - Greening Australia in partnership with Land Management Branch, NSW Department of Planning, NSW
- Kuka Kanyini at Watarru – Caring For Country- Department for Environment and Heritage In Partnership with Watarru Community, SA
- Reconnections – Reconnecting Communities for Conservation - Greening Australia (WA) Inc In Partnership with Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd, WA
- Seeds For Life- Seeds For Life In Partnership with Environmental Protection Agency, Qld; Greening Australia Qld; Australian Centre for Minerals Extension and Research; The University of Qld; Griffith University; Brisbane Botanic Gardens; The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew; The Millennium Seed Bank Project, QLD