The Kimberley Toad Busters Inc., WA
The Kimberley Toad Busters Inc was established in August 2005 by Kimberley Specialists in Research Inc as a result of one of the outcomes of the Kununurra Cane Toad Forum held in March 2005. A community cane toad website to publish all Kimberley Toad Busting field and research results was also established and now is the forum for the publication of regular newsletters and field results.
Recently Incorporated, Kimberley Toad Busters Inc has a Committee Board, a volunteer registration of just over 1600 community members which includes almost a third of community businesses, and has trained over 200 Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Toad Buster Leaders to lead volunteer teams.
The focus of stopping the Cane Toad from crossing into Western Australia has seen participation from a broad spectrum of local community members creating a multi-cultural volunteer organisation which has extensive involvement by local youth, indigenous communities and visitors sympathetic to our cause.
- CERES Environment Park: From Local Model of Environmental Action to Partner in Global Sustainability, VIC
- Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Project Hindmarsh – 10 Years and Beyond – Hindmarsh Landcare Network Greening Australia Victoria, VIC
- Nooramunga Corner Inlet Water Quality Monitoring Project Waterwatch, VIC
- “What A Wonderful World”- Wonderful World Media Network and 3WBC 94.1FM, VIC