Revive our Wetlands- Conservation Volunteers Australia and BHP Billiton, VIC
Between 2001 and 2006 Revive our Wetlands has contributed in 298,880 volunteer hours, planted more than half a million stems, removed weeds from more than 4,000 hectares, improved stock control with nearly 200 kilometres of fencing and undertaken 196 flora and fauna surveys on wetlands across Australia.
Revive has produced tangible and measurable improvements to the health of over 160 of Australia’s most important wetlands by attracting and managing thousands of volunteers to undertake practical conservation activities.
Revive commenced in 2001 and continues as a practical wetland conservation program that has been made possible through a landmark partnership between Conservation Volunteers Australia and BHP Billiton.
The total financial support contributed by BHP Billiton to Revive, since 2000 is $3.2 million. In January 2007 a further $1.8 million was announced for the next three years of Revive (2007 to 2009).
- Saving A Precious Resource – Recycling and Reusing Waste Water Arrow Energy N.L, QLD
- The Pet and Guide Rivers Catchment Management Project Burnie City Council, TAS
- Water Corporation: Perth Seawater Desalination Plant, WA
- Waste Water Harvesting Project Angaston Plant, South Australia, Adelaide Brighton Cement Ltd, SA
- Water – Telstra Preserving a Special Resource, VIC